"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kicking It Into High Gear

This is the last month of my mentorship. I have only four weeks left to pick the brain of my mentor and absorb every ounce of her wisdom that I can. And as you may know, nothing motivates me like a looming deadline. I've decided to kick it into high gear for this last month and get as much as I possibly can out of the time I have left.

It's already been a wonderful experience. I was blessed with a knowledgeable, patient, kind, encouraging and talented mentor. I have nothing but positive things to say about her and our time together. I feel like I've grown a lot and am better able to take on the editing that is still required of my manuscript. I'm noticing a lot more in the books I read, taking note of what works and why, and where scenes and plot can be improved. On the whole, I feel like I've become a better writer and that with practice I will continue to get better.

That's why I'm kicking it into high gear for this last month. This is another chance to improve my self discipline and fortitude. If I can give it everything I have for this last month, then I know I will have taken complete advantage of this opportunity and not held anything back. It's a challenge, and I do so love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment