"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Jury Duty

There's nothing quite like coming home from a long day and finding a summons for jury duty in your mail box. If I had to equate it to something, I'd say it felt like getting home, realizing that I lost my keys and then having it pour rain. Yep, that would be a similar experience.

The past two months have been... long. Normally, I'd laugh it off and say I must have pissed off karma. But the amount I would have had to say that over the past couple of months would have been disturbing. No one has this much bad karma, especially when they haven't actually done anything awful to incur said karma. Oh, I'm not saying I'm perfect. I definitely deserve the occasional stubbed toe and paper cut, but this level of crappy luck is unwarranted.

So, what shall I do? I'll admit, the desire to pack everything up, get in my car and drive far, far away is strong. But, as that's currently not an option, I guess I'll just grin and bear it. Besides, bad luck is only temporary... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment