"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, March 28, 2014

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Companion

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is companion. If you'd like to learn more Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

I flapped madly at the covers, looking underneath at the big brown eyes staring back at me. People were always shocked when I told them my dog not only insisted on sleeping on the bed but underneath the covers with me. But they didn't understand how happy we both were with the arrangement. I sighed and snuggled back up against her. Yes, we were both happy with the arrangement, aside from the occasional bout of dog gas. 

Inspired by a true story. I hope you enjoyed this little tale, if you did I hope you'll follow this blog and come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. If you're in the mood for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below to read past editions. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Lucky
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Furious
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Misunderstanding
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Sunshine

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't live without my critters. Good story. Genuine.

    ReplyDelete