"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Book Review - The Uninvited

Welcome to Monday and this week's book recommendation.

THE UNINVITED by Tim Wynne-Jones

 

THE UNINVITED is a story about secrets, escape and finding family in unexpected places. It centers around Mimi, a University student on the run from an obsessed professor, Jay, a music student trying to find his voice and Cramer, a young man desperate for change and the chance to be noticed. As their paths cross, they realize their lives are connected in ways they never expected...

Un-put-downable. Is that a word? It should be, because it describes this book very well. My mentor actually recommended this one to me and I'm glad she did. Although at times it was hard to pay attention to the lessons I was supposed to be learning because the story was so willful, it just pulled me along without stopping. It was suspenseful and twisted, with characters that I really enjoyed. Especially Cramer. He really kept me reading. There's something about him that's just so easy to root for. 

This was the first book I've ever read by Tim Wynne-Jones, and it won't be the last. It was just too good. I want more! Definitely give this one a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment