"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Book Review - The Tao of Martha

Welcome to Monday and this week's book recommendation.

THE TAO OF MARTHA by Jen Lancaster

 

 Yes. I finally got the chance to sit down and read THE TAO OF MARTHA another fabulous installment by the always lovely Jen Lancaster. What makes her memoirs so funny? I think it's her sarcastic barbs, her self deprecating humour and the truly original way she has of describing any and every disaster. No one makes me laugh out loud like she does.

This is the story of the year Jen spent trying to live under the guidance of Martha Stewart and her domestic wisdom. It's funny, surprising and at times heart wrenching. It's her best memoir in a while, as original and hilarious as her first, BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK,  and another favourite of mine, SUCH A PRETTY FAT. It reminded of me of why I love her so much (it's because we think alike). In short, it's awesome. 

Definitely give this a read. And if you've never read Jen Lancaster before, start with BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK. My husband had to keep coming into the room to check on me while I was reading it, he couldn't understand how I could be laughing hysterically while reading a book and not be having some kind of mental breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment