"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Counting Down to the New Year

I shouldn't be this excited to see an end to 2013, but I am. After all, this was the year I went to Paris and celebrated five years of marriage to my wonderful husband. But it was also the year that the business I work for was sold to another company and I lost the best bosses I've ever had. It was the year my sister had to move away with my sweet little nephew and brother in law to Ontario (although they will be returning in the summer time, thank God).

It's just that next year holds so much possibility, the way all new years do. This year is old and dirty, smudged with good and bad memories. I want a new one, fresh and clean. Perhaps this new year will hold far more good memories, and far fewer bad ones. It begins with my mentorship, which I'm excited about, and hopefully it will only go up from there.

Three weeks from today will be January 1st. And rather than hiding under the covers until then (which I'd love to do), I'm going to enter the new year blazing. I want to enter it strong, head held high, ready to take the opportunities it presents and make the most of them.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Year of the Horse! (2014 in Japan and China. 2013 was the Snake.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful optimistic view. Well put. Each new year brings unexpected opportunities and wonder with it.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete