"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, September 6, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Beauty

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is beauty. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

The dragon lay motionless, his last smoky breath escaping with a sigh as Prince Charming removed his sword. He climbed the stairs of the tower, slashing at vines as he went until at last he reached the top. He opened the heavy oak door and tiptoed to the side of the bed at the center of the room, but no one was there.
 "Were you looking for me?" the princess closed the door with a smile. "It never occurred to you that all that was keeping me in, not keeping you out, did it?"

Voila! I hope you enjoyed my little fairy tale with a twist. Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments and if you're still in the mood for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below to read past editions. If you really liked it, I hope you'll share it with friends and perhaps follow this blog. Don't forget to come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Thunder
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Travel
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Fabric
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Learning

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes, I enjoyed it. :)
    I honestly haven't thought of it that way. Prince Charming's troubles surely are not yet over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I doubt very much that they are..

      Delete
  2. Nice to see a damsel in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, he's not going to have it easy! Nice twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun twist on a familiar tale. Thanks for the smile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you for the smile you gave me in return!

      Delete