"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting in Shape

Last week, my husband did something bold. He asked me to run with him in the Color Me Rad 5K in September. A request made with such heart melting sweetness that I couldn't resist. I said yes. Despite my severe lack of cardiovascular and respiratory fitness. But hey! Love makes you do crazy things. And for some reason (I have no idea why), I find the thought of running side by side with my husband while being pelted with color incredibly romantic. (It's possible I have brain damage).

So, with less than a month to go until the big day, we started running. And we've been running every day. (Now, when I say running, what I really mean is light jogging.) As it turns out, my husband is a fabulous running buddy. He's encouraging, thoughtful and always complimentary. He celebrates my victories (running 2 km without stopping!) despite the fact that he could go out and run the race tomorrow without a problem. It's just one more thing we get to do together, another challenge conquered as a team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, training for a 5 km race where you get pelted with so much colour you look like tie-dyed rainbow at the end can be very romantic. At least for me. And perhaps for you. If you're intrigued by the idea and would like to look into a race near you, just follow the link below.

COLOR ME RAD

No comments:

Post a Comment