"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, August 23, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Travel

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is travel. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

"Excuse me, miss? Your passport is expired."
"What? That has to be a mistake!" She stared at the woman behind the ticket desk, bags packed and ready next to her. "I've been planning this vacation for months, I couldn't possibly have forgotten.."

She woke up with a start, drenched in sweat and looked at the time before turning over in bed and muttering, "I've really got to get my passport renewed."

There you have it! I hope you enjoyed this piece. It was inspired by the millions of nightmares I have when I book a vacation and still need to renew my passport. I literally have nightmares every other night that I've forgotten and I'm at the airport for months until I finally go down to the passport office and get it done. The trip could be nine months away, I'll still have nightmares. So weird. Anyway, have a great weekend, and if you're still hankering for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Fabric
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Learning
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Bliss
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Limitless

3 comments: