"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Accident

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction! This week's prompt is accident. If you'd like to learn more about what it's all about, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

"It was an accident."
Her voice was flat and emotionless, her face blank as she stood on the edge of the roof, looking down at his mangled body below. She looked at me, seemed to stare right through to my thoughts, daring me to disagree with her. I thought about all the things he'd done, everything I'd seen and I'm sure the even more horrific things I hadn't.
I nodded,"of course it was."

I hope you enjoyed this little piece of fiction, and if you did, I hope you'll share it with friends. If you really liked it, then please feel free to follow this blog and come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. If you're still in the mood for Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below to read past editions. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Goggles
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Festival
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Shadows
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Angles

6 comments:

  1. An eerie telling of what I'm sure he deserved. I almost felt like I was there on the rooftop with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a dark, mysterious tale, full of hints as to this man's sticky end. Well done Melanie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that! Dark and sticky end.. brilliant. :)

      Delete
  3. As always, you get right to the point with an excellent delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That's such a wonderful compliment!

    ReplyDelete