"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, February 15, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Cherish

Welcome to Friday. It's been another slow week for me, so I can't wait to sink into the weekend. My plans? Nothing much, there are a few good books and a soft bed calling my name, maybe I'll throw some ice cream into the mix for good measure.Who knows? But what I do know, is it's time for Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is cherish. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

Every Wednesday it's my job to polish it. I hate doing it, my hands tremble the whole time and my stomach clenches like a fist. The rest of the week, as I clean, I watch her hold it and stroke it, whispering to it like it's a beloved child. It's not though, it's just a box, a gleaming, little black box the size of her hand. I don't know what's in it, but every once in a while I could swear I hear it whisper back to her.

There you have it! If you enjoyed my little tale, I hope you'll check out the rest of them. Just follow the links below. If you really enjoyed it, I hope you'll share it with friends, and perhaps follow my humble little blog. As always, I welcome your comments and insights below in the comments section. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Purple
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Frozen
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Ringing
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Forgotten

6 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, I sense something macabre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginning of something spooky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very creepy. . . Well written, packing so much into your five sentences. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading Lizzie Loodles story about a box, all I can say is, "Don't open it!"

    Very interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book has "Pandora" written all over it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he, creepy, but enticing! What is in that box?!

    ReplyDelete