"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Midnight

It's that time again. Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is midnight. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

It was after midnight. What I should have been thinking was how tired I'd be at work tomorrow, but I wasn't. Instead I was standing in the backyard, looking up at the glowing green light in the sky and I wasn't the only one; crowds of neighbours were doing the same in their own yards.
It looked like that question had finally been answered. We weren't alone after all.

Cue the X-Files music, am I right? Well, I hope you enjoyed this latest edition. If you'd like to keep reading, just follow the links below to past editions of Five Sentence Fiction or just explore the blog for a bit. As always, your comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Ending
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Vision
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Devotion
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Time

6 comments:

  1. I was picturing the movie "War of the Worlds" as I was reading...but X-Files works as well.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was hearing the X-Files theme as I was reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or Close Encounters! We are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow at work will probably not be a very productive day.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is there will be a high absentee count at everyone's place of work the next day.

    ReplyDelete