"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Potions

It's here. The final Friday before Halloween. And to help you get in the spirit, Lillie McFerrin has come up with a really great prompt for this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. The prompt is potions. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie's website. Enjoy!

I'd done it. I'd actually done it! 
They'd all laughed at me when I suggested the potions in the old spell book we'd found might actually work, but now as I held the bubbling vial aloft it was I who was laughing. I'd show them, I'd bring them all to their knees. They'd be sorry they ever laughed at me. 

Of course, you know I'll also have a special piece of flash fiction for all of you on the actual day as well, but hopefully this spooky bit of fiction will keep you inspired until then. If you're still jonesing for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below. If you like what you read here, I hope you'll follow this blog, as well as come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Flawed
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Detour
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Tattered
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Devotion

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Maybe one shouldn't count one's potions before they've been tasted. And revenge is such dark motivation.

    This could come to a bad end.

    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be right with that one. Revenge never ends well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And let's admit it: we deserved it! Well polished gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sweet revenge. Never as sweet as it starts out...hope this doesn't end in disaster. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling that this won't end well. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you snippets, short but powerful, like her potion may be (or not)...

    ReplyDelete