"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Distance

It's Friday, and I'm a little behind. Normally, I type these up the night before, so they're ready to go for the next day. Instead, last night was a frenzy of activity followed by my immediate faceplant into bed, comatose. I completely forgot until I was at work this morning, which sucks because the web browser here is so old it doesn't really support blogger. Therefore, I'm unable to format properly, making it all look a little... blah. In any case, I didn't want to disappoint, so here it is. This week's prompt was DISTANCE. If you'd like to find out what Five Sentence Fiction is all about, or give it a try, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Here we go!

Distance
Distance makes the heart grow fonder, at least that's what they say. I'm hoping it makes his heart grow colder, that each mile dims his memory of me, that he won't try and follow.
Not that he can, mother made sure of that. She took my hair, and she took his sight. He'll never see me again.

It's rather short this week, but I hope you enjoyed it. As always, I welcome all your comments, questions and suggestions in the comments section below. If you'd really like to make my day, you could follow this blog or come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Check out the links below to read previous Five Sentence Fiction Fridays. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! Rapunzel reference there? I also like the twist on the old saying. A good read!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you got the rapunzel reference. I wasn't sure if it was clear. :)

      Delete
  3. This is great. I love to see re-imaginings of classic tales. This one's got some bite to it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love FSF like this. As I'm doing more of it , I'm noticing that the quality ones are all about what is inferred and what the reader can imagine themselves. I have to be honest and say that I didn't get Rapunzel from that, but something completely different and that can only be good writing. I'll be back for more.

    Cheers,

    W.

    ReplyDelete