"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Blush

Ah, another Friday has arrived. And this time, no illness! At least I hope not. I better knock on wood just to be sure. Last weekend sucked. I was sick for almost the entirety of it, was utterly miserable and got nothing done. I'm hoping this weekend turns out a lot better. Last weekend sure didn't set the bar very high. Anyway, as you know, Friday means more than just the weekend. It's also time for another round of Five Sentence Fiction. If you'd like to find out what it's all about, or give it a try, please visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. This week's prompt is blush.

She could feel it creeping up under her cheeks like fire, making her face radiate with heat. The brambles and twigs poked and snagged at her skin, but she didn't move, not a muscle. 
She watched with wide eyes, unwilling to look away as naked skin moved against naked skin, the moans of delight cascading over her ears, making her sweat. 
Her mother had been right. There were a lot of interesting things to see in the forest.

 Did I make you blush? Well, I hope you enjoyed this one, and I hope your weekend is filled with good times, good health and good sleep. If you're still hankering for more Five Sentence Fiction, just check out the links below. See you on Monday!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Night
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Distance
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Victory
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Perseverance

8 comments:

  1. You made me blush!!! Well done! I'm glad I wasn't reading this at work! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, my oh my what you can find in forests ;) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I had fun with that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on the prompt. That would certainly liven up the morning walk, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. A little getting back to nature au natural...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful piece of writing.
    No wonder she was blushing - the sights you come across in the forest!
    Not sure when mum was extolling the virtues of wonderful sights in the forest that this was quite what she had in mind.

    ReplyDelete