"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service

One of the things I love most about being on vacation is the extra down time it gives me to catch up on my reading. For example, when I went to the Bahamas, I read eight books in ten days. Pure bliss. I didn't do quite so well this time (probably due to the enormous amount of shopping), but I did manage to get in enough down time to read three books and a collection of short stories. The first one I read was THE LUCKY DOG MATCHMAKING SERVICE by Beth Kendrick. And it was positively lovely.


I'm a dog person, but I don't usually pick up books that center around dogs. Why? Because there seems to be some sort of unwritten rule demanding that all dog stories must have a sad ending. And I just can't do it. When I was little, I started reading WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS and never finished it. I could tell what was going to happen so I just put it down and walked away. Not so with this one. It was lighthearted and fun, with a quirky and sympathetic main character. I found myself unable to put it down and devoured it in a single afternoon.

It was the perfect holiday read. I recommend it for anyone that enjoys a good book, likes dogs or just wants to read something with a happy ending.

What about you? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment