"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Sombrero

Welcome to Five Sentence Fiction Friday! This week's prompt from Lillie McFerrin's awesome website, Lillie McFerrin Writes, is Sombrero. I will admit, this one stumped me for a bit. I saw it and thought, "sombrero? How am I supposed to turn that into Five Sentence Fiction?". Well, it's time to see if I could do it. This is my attempt below. Enjoy!

"So, what do you think?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her playfully.
She couldn't help but laugh at the sight of him in the giant, multi-coloured sombrero, a mexican fiesta all laid out on the table behind him. The God-awful ugliness of her day melted away as she pulled off his sombrero, placed it on her head and stood on tiptoe to give him a kiss.
"It's perfect," she whispered.

There we have it! Just in time for the weekend. If you'd like to read my other attempts at Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below. As always I welcome you to leave your comments below in the comments section. If you've enjoyed this post, please feel free to follow this blog (it makes me exceptionally happy when you do) or follow me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Candy
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Explosive
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Wicked
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Armor
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Tears

27 comments:

  1. Love it! I don't think I could have come up with anything for Sombrero! And you came up with something awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, enjoyed it. Sombrero was a difficult prompt I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I'm visiting from Five Sentence Fiction.
    The sombrero added flair to your character, as well as a stylish finishing touch to this warm, feel-good piece of fiction.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely charming. Wow. We really went different ways on this one, but that's the fun, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is cute. I imagine they are sharing a special moment from a holiday after a very exhausting week where they have been ships passing in the night. I would love more to this as they sound so dorable! xx

    ReplyDelete