"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Office Reno Update

As you may recall, I've been working at cleaning up and redecorating the shameful mess that is my office. This weekend I made a huge leap forward, thanks to the help of my very good friend and design genius, Chelsea. All this past week I'd been cleaning out the clutter and reorganizing all my receipts, files and so on, until at last the office was clean. On Friday night, Chelsea met me at home depot, helped me pick out a paint color and wall paper and we got to work. In that single evening we painted the entire room (two coats) and wall papered the focal wall. It was amazing. Not many people have a friend so willing to drop everything and spend their entire Friday evening painting and working with wallpaper. Which let me tell you, is a frustrating endeavor. I chalk it up to the strength of our friendship that we weren't at each others throats by the end of the evening. We'd made it through without a single fight.

The next day (Saturday) I repainted the trim around the window and the closet door, fixed up a few oops on the ceiling, cleaned and put away all the paint stuff and moved the furniture back in. Not only that, but I cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, walked the dog and did a few loads of laundry. (Yes, I am the champion of productivity).

Today was all about accessories. I went shopping for cute knick knacks and things to put in the room, a new floor lamp and some wall decor. I only found a few knick knacks, so the search continues for a new floor lamp and wall art. I did however, manage to make it to the fabric store and picked out some nice material to re-cover the office chair. I don't think I'm going to do the whole thing, probably just the arms, which are getting a bit worn. I might make a matching throw pillow to go with the chair as well. To top it off I walked the dog and had coffee with my mother in law. There's still more I want to get done tonight, but I'll have to wait and see if I can pick up the tools I need.

So, to sum up, it's coming along nicely. I was really hoping to have it all done and be able to put up 'before' and 'after' pictures, but it's not quite there yet. Instead I'll try for Tuesday. I decided not to put up midway pictures, I'd rather give you the shocking 'before' with the jaw dropping 'after'. That way you're duly and properly stunned. Not to mention, I don't want to show you how bad it was before without a truly awesome after to redeem myself. So stay tuned, there's more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T wait to see the pictures! I love a good before and after!! As well as wallpaper focal walls!!

    ReplyDelete