"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Birthday Fun

Wow, I cannot believe how busy I've been for the last two days. I can't believe how busy I was today. Wednesday was my birthday, so I took the day off work to have fun and treat myself right. In the morning I went out for smoked salmon eggs benedict with my sister, followed by a 90 minute massage, then she and I went shopping and had sushi for lunch, followed by even more shopping. After which I was tired and went home for a nap before going out for dinner and dessert with my husband. It was a fabulous day, just what I wanted for my birthday.

Yesterday, I went back to work and had a full two days worth of business to catch up on. It kept me running all day, leaving no time for my scheduled blog posting and I didn't get a chance to do it afterward either. After work I went straight home to feed the dog and let her out before jumping in the car with my husband to go pick up my mother in law, who wanted to take us out for supper. Supper ended up taking several hours and by the time I got home I could only get ready for bed and crawl beneath the sheets for some much needed shut eye.

Tonight is also a busy evening, as is tomorrow night, but I don't mind. That's four days in a row I don't have to cook supper. Can you think of a better birthday present than that? Yep, it's been a really great week. Sorry I'm a day late with the blog posting. But I think when it comes to birthdays, we all deserve a little slack. I'll post again tomorrow and get our schedule back on track. Thanks for your patience!

2 comments:

  1. There could be NOTHING better than being cooked for for 4 days in a row. Best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like you had a great birthday! I'm glad you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete