"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Big Surprise!

I know you've all been waiting in breathless anticipation of my big announcement (there's no sense in lying, I know you have), so I won't make you wait a moment longer.

Two days ago my husband and I got in the car and drove out to a farm about a half hour outside the city. Why did we do this? To pick up the two newest members of our family. Yes, you heard that right. TWO. I am the very proud mommy of two adorable baby bunnies!! I wish I could tell you their names, but to be honest I haven't decided them yet.

I wanted to take pictures and tell you all about it that same night, but the babies were still pretty terrified of me and their new surroundings and I wanted to give them the chance to come out of their shell a bit before assaulting them with the camera. Two days later they're adjusting beautifully and starting to get really curious. I'd taken over Maddie's old dog crate and re-purposed it into a giant rabbit cage with cardboard box castle for them to play and hide in, but unfortunately they're still small enough to fit through the bars. (Surprised the hell out of my husband and the bunnies when he came in and they were loose in the office). So, Georgie's old cage has been hauled out of storage until they get a little bigger.

I know you must be wondering how Maddie is getting on with our new additions, and so far so good. I'm keeping them apart for now until the bunnies are more adjusted, but Maddie is being very good in the few encounters they've had so far. I brought out the towel they rode home on to let her smell and I'm confident we'll have them used to each other in no time.

And as a special reward for sitting through all my ramblings please enjoy these adorable pics of my cute new babies! And if you have any name suggestions, let me know!




2 comments:

  1. I AM RIDICULOUSLY JEALOUS!! That's amazing I'm so happy hubby-dear agreed to get bunnies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute!!! You should name one Gonzales and call him Gonzo for short!!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete