"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Chapter

Today is a momentous day. Today I started writing a new novel. I'm proud of that. I've been dancing around it for a couple of months, unwilling to take the plunge. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm a little gun shy after the plot problems with my last one. I haven't been keen on the idea of all the editing that will await me when I finish either, but that's counting my chickens before they're hatched. I've been avoiding starting, trying to fool myself that I'm just busy working on other projects but you can't lie to yourself. There's always time, no matter how small.
I told myself that I'd start in the new year, and I finally sat down and did. Granted, I've only written twenty five words, but for me the hardest part is just getting started. Getting those words down was like turning on the faucet. Now that I've started, the rest becomes a lot easier. Of course I'll still have my hiccups and snags, but today I'm celebrating my victory. I've started a new book.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!!! Congratulations on your new chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete