"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Birth House

Yesterday I read The Birth House by Ami McKay from cover to cover. And it was ridiculously good. I loved every last bit of it and I have to say, I had the hardest time putting it down. I would read a few chapters, go put in a load of laundry and come right back. When I could force myself to put it down again, I would write for a while, and then I'd get sucked right back in. I just couldn't stay away from it. What a fantastic read.

Ami McKay has a new one out too. It's called The Virgin Cure, and I can't wait to run out and buy it. The depth of research she puts into her work is astounding. She makes everything so real, so accurate; without feeling like you're reading a textbook. Basically, you just feel as though you're there.  Her characters are so vivid, so perfectly real. The Birth House was a real work of literary art and I know The Virgin Cure will be too.If you're looking for another good read, for the love of God pick it up!

1 comment:

  1. Another one to add to the reading list!! I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete